Welcome to KoRT - a Cyber Nations, Pixel Nations, and NationStates alliance. If you are already a Knight of the Round Table, please login to see the entire forum.

If you are a new user wishing to join our forums, you must change your alliance affiliation on CN, PN, or NS to the Knights of the Round Table. After doing so, please register for the forum. You will receive an automated email confirming your application. Once registered and logged into the forums, you will need to create an introductory post in The Gatehouse confirming your wish to apply for membership. That will then be reviewed by an administrator or moderator before you receive full forum access. This is done to prevent spammers.

If you are a foreign diplomat requesting a mask or embassy, please register as described above and start a new thread and application in the Diplomatic Liaison Service section. Usually within 24 hours, your post will be approved and your account masked accordingly. If you also requested an embassy, that should be created within 24-48 hours after your account has been masked.

If you already have a user account and cannot log in, please delete your browser's cookies AND cache. If you're still experiencing issues, please send me an in-game PM.

New forum theme

General forum announcements are posted here. Check here often for updates.

Do you like the new KoRT theme?

Poll ended at 22 Apr 2012, 13:11

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Not sure yet
No votes

Total votes: 5

amstel78
Bear Trainer Extraordinaire
Nation Name: DeeTwo

New forum theme

Post by amstel78 »

As you may have noticed, a new forum theme has been installed. If you want to compare the two, you can revert back to the previous theme titled 'CA Black' by going into your User CP / Board Preferences and changing the style selection. I have noticed however that certain functionality is missing with the old theme such as being able to PM or Email a user directly from a post, therefore, I highly suggest that everyone uses the new theme. Eventually, the new theme will become the default, and CA Black will be disabled after 10 days.

Let me know what you guys think of the new theme by participating in the poll*.

*User permissions fixed - you can now vote.

Knights of the Grail
King
King
Nation Name: Knights of the Grail

Re: New forum theme

Post by Knights of the Grail »

The forums you created are truly a work of art.

Tykoon
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nation Name: Zaberdan

Post by Tykoon »

Did you do all the graphics yourself? If so that's pretty impressive.

amstel78

Post by amstel78 »

No, the graphics were part of a theme that I had found while scouring some of the phpBB resource forums so I can't claim credit. The banner image I did in photoshop from a 3d rendering of a knight I found on the net. Most of the work however went into the module coding and overall stability and functionality of the forum.

I suppose I could have made a theme from scratch, but juggling between my career, family, my kids, and my other hobbies, it would have taken far too long to do.

If anyone is intimately familiar with phpBB 3 and would like to create a custom theme for this forum, then that would be great as well.

Tykoon
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nation Name: Zaberdan

Post by Tykoon »

I think it looks great. I'm impressed with any graphics work because I am terrible at it. I actually work as a web developer for a ticketing software company, but I do mostly server side and database stuff because of my lack of any artistic ability.

Darth Xalor
Explorer
Explorer
Nation Name: New Sith Empire

Post by Darth Xalor »

I'm a web developer too! xD
I, however, am a designer as well, so I do my own graphics. I like Photoshop and GIMP, but I have to say vector images are my favorite. I use Illustrator all the time!

Sir Benevale
Knight
Knight
Nation Name: Orangewall

Post by Sir Benevale »

Glorious!
"God forgive me for the sins I am about to commit."

amstel78

Post by amstel78 »

FYI, the previous theme 'CA Black' is now deactivated. The default and only choice will be the current KoRT theme. Thanks for the feedback.

King Wulfgar
Foreign Diplomat
Foreign Diplomat
Nation Name: Icewindale

Post by King Wulfgar »

Impressive!

Lord Shadow
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nation Name: Land of the Shadow

Post by Lord Shadow »

I agree your work is very well impressive.