Welcome to KoRT - a Cyber Nations, Pixel Nations, and NationStates alliance. If you are already a Knight of the Round Table, please login to see the entire forum.

If you are a new user wishing to join our forums, you must change your alliance affiliation on CN, PN, or NS to the Knights of the Round Table. After doing so, please register for the forum. You will receive an automated email confirming your application. Once registered and logged into the forums, you will need to create an introductory post in The Gatehouse confirming your wish to apply for membership. That will then be reviewed by an administrator or moderator before you receive full forum access. This is done to prevent spammers.

If you are a foreign diplomat requesting a mask or embassy, please register as described above and start a new thread and application in the Diplomatic Liaison Service section. Usually within 24 hours, your post will be approved and your account masked accordingly. If you also requested an embassy, that should be created within 24-48 hours after your account has been masked.

If you already have a user account and cannot log in, please delete your browser's cookies AND cache. If you're still experiencing issues, please send me an in-game PM.

Stupid !@#^$#$ host screwed up the DB again last night

General forum announcements are posted here. Check here often for updates.
amstel78
Bear Trainer Extraordinaire
Nation Name: DeeTwo

Stupid !@#^$#$ host screwed up the DB again last night

Post by amstel78 »

It was supposed to be simple:

1. Go back to 21 October;
2. Restore old "knights" folder and rename it something else, like "knights_restored"
3. Do NOT under any circumstance overwrite the current "knights" folder (which this updated forum resides in)

No.... those assclowns overwrote the original folder corrupting the DB in the process. So, instead of doing actual work that I'm supposed to be getting paid for, I'm having to fix iPower's screw-up.

As a result, I believe we had one new Knight sign up sometime late last night or early this morning. Well, the last good DB I was able to restore from was from the day prior, so all new users and private messages sent since then are gone.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. Maybe I oughta sell this forum to someone else willing to take care of it, because honestly, I'm losing my patience.

amstel

St Mungo
Commander
Commander
Nation Name: Glasgow.

Re: Stupid !@#^$#$ host screwed up the DB again last night

Post by St Mungo »

Pull yourself together man? KoRT needs you!

:? :roll: :confusion-shrug: I don't know how to tell you this. Now keep clam: I still cant play videos. Black screen with no play button.
Last edited by amstel78 on 06 Nov 2017, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
"Father, let Glasgow flourish through the preaching of thy word and praising thy name." 

amstel78

Post by amstel78 »

I'll have to figure the video thing out.. I think it's slow to cache sometimes as the server is also going through Cloudflare to prevent hackers/spammers

mcdouggal
Knight
Knight
Nation Name: McDouggalland

Post by mcdouggal »

I just sent the message to the new knight.

amstel78

Post by amstel78 »

I'll have a fix for the videos in a minute. The old BB tag for video won't work anymore with this version.

St Mungo
Commander
Commander
Nation Name: Glasgow.

Post by St Mungo »

test_user wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 11:28
test
Yea, to the test_user :whistle:
"Father, let Glasgow flourish through the preaching of thy word and praising thy name."