Welcome to KoRT - a Cyber Nations, Pixel Nations, and NationStates alliance. If you are already a Knight of the Round Table, please login to see the entire forum.

If you are a new user wishing to join our forums, you must change your alliance affiliation on CN, PN, or NS to the Knights of the Round Table. After doing so, please register for the forum. You will receive an automated email confirming your application. Once registered and logged into the forums, you will need to create an introductory post in The Gatehouse confirming your wish to apply for membership. That will then be reviewed by an administrator or moderator before you receive full forum access. This is done to prevent spammers.

If you are a foreign diplomat requesting a mask or embassy, please register as described above and start a new thread and application in the Diplomatic Liaison Service section. Usually within 24 hours, your post will be approved and your account masked accordingly. If you also requested an embassy, that should be created within 24-48 hours after your account has been masked.

If you already have a user account and cannot log in, please delete your browser's cookies AND cache. If you're still experiencing issues, please send me an in-game PM.

New forums

General forum announcements are posted here. Check here often for updates.

Do you like the new forum and its added functionality?

Yes, it's wunderbar!
43%
Yes but it's just OK
14%
Meh... I preferred the old one
29%
What is this place and where are the boobies?
14%

Total votes: 7

amstel78
Bear Trainer Extraordinaire
Nation Name: DeeTwo

New forums

Post by amstel78 »

As some of you may already know, the old forums took a nosedive and had to be retired. Unfortunately I was hoping to use it as a backup site, but it's officially dead as the DB was corrupted beyond repair. I was fortunate enough to have a copy of the DB stashed away that I was able to convert and use with this new release of phpBB, however trying to revert it back to the old site didn't work. The reason is that I had to use a newer version of PHP scripting (version 7) in order for this new forum to work properly. I therefore can't get the old forum back online unless I downgrade to PHP 5.6 or lower, but then that would just FUBAR this one up.

As such, it's with a heavy heart that I must announce today that the old KoRT forum (including the nice Knight-based theme) is done for good. It's kaput. Finito. Gone to the Valhalla to be with its forebears. In the same token, I'd like to welcome you to the "new and improved" KoRT forums.

Yes, it's still running the stock theme but some (Mungo) seem to like it. It also works well on mobile devices if you don't have Tapatalk installed. Of course, there are still a few bugs that need sorting, but from my QA/QC session over the past 48 hours, most functions seem to work well. I hope you're happy with it, because if not, I don't have much time left to start over. No, I'm not dying but I am prepping for a trip to Nairobi for work which is going to take up most of my time for the next few weeks before I depart.

That said, if you do find something really really screwed up, then please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it. I'll also add a poll at the bottom to gauge your happiness with the new setup. And lastly, if you're feeling generous, I'm always up for a donation. I just renewed my hosting plan and domain name which runs me about $180.00 a year. While I provide this forum as a free service, I don't mind anyone helping offset the costs.

Cheers,
amstel

Knights of the Grail
King
King
Nation Name: Knights of the Grail

Re: New forums

Post by Knights of the Grail »

Years of posts and records made the transition. I am grateful for that and the massive time you spend on this project.

Strato1
Defender
Defender
Nation Name: Erovet

Post by Strato1 »

I'm glad so much of the data from the forums was saved. And some parts of the forum definitely do seem to be improved. However, it just feels like it's missing something without the old theme.
"It's not the end of the world, but I can see it from here."

amstel78
Nation Name: DeeTwo

Post by amstel78 »

I agree. The old theme was nice, however it wasn't compatible with phpBB 3.2. I'm sure I could have gotten it to work eventually, but that would have required days, if not weeks or coding. Unfortunately time is a luxury I don't have.

The good news is that this generic theme works fine on mobile devices, especially if you don't use Tapatalk. The old theme didn't work very well for phones and smaller tablets.