Welcome to KoRT - a Cyber Nations, Pixel Nations, and NationStates alliance. If you are already a Knight of the Round Table, please login to see the entire forum.

If you are a new user wishing to join our forums, you must change your alliance affiliation on CN, PN, or NS to the Knights of the Round Table. After doing so, please register for the forum. You will receive an automated email confirming your application. Once registered and logged into the forums, you will need to create an introductory post in The Gatehouse confirming your wish to apply for membership. That will then be reviewed by an administrator or moderator before you receive full forum access. This is done to prevent spammers.

If you are a foreign diplomat requesting a mask or embassy, please register as described above and start a new thread and application in the Diplomatic Liaison Service section. Usually within 24 hours, your post will be approved and your account masked accordingly. If you also requested an embassy, that should be created within 24-48 hours after your account has been masked.

If you already have a user account and cannot log in, please delete your browser's cookies AND cache. If you're still experiencing issues, please send me an in-game PM.

Spam, spam, and more spam

General forum announcements are posted here. Check here often for updates.
amstel78
Bear Trainer Extraordinaire
Bear Trainer Extraordinaire
Nation Name: DeeTwo

Spam, spam, and more spam

Post by amstel78 »

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to take a bit of time away from my vacation to let you know about some important changes to the forum. Some of you may have noticed that in the last few days, we've gotten bombarded pretty hard by spam bots. I hope that after tonight, we won't be seeing too much more of the garbage that's been plaguing the forum. I won't go into too much detail, but some of the changes include the following:

1. New user account registrations - no longer need admin approval, however, all first posts are reviewed before they're made public. This gives the moderator or admin staff the ability to determine whether or not a post is spam. If it's garbage, we now have the ability to ban the offending user rather than simply delete the thread or post.

2. Changes to group access rights have been made for guest users - previously, guest users had the ability to post in certain select forums after passing a reCaptcha security check. That capability has now been rescinded after that feature was abused. Anyone wishing to contribute to this forum must now have a valid user account before they're afforded that privilege. Anyone with a valid account posting spam gets the ban stick and will never be allowed back in.

There were a few more changes made under the hood that shouldn't affect any current KoRT forum member. My goal from the beginning was, and still is, to provide the best Cybernations alliance forum possible to our members. As such, changes have to be made along the way to ensure a consistent user experience. Should you happen to encounter any difficulties with the forum because of the recent changes, please contact the admin or mod staff via PM or email ASAP so that it can be remedied at once.

Thanks and regards,
amstel78