Welcome to KoRT - a Cyber Nations, Pixel Nations, and NationStates alliance. If you are already a Knight of the Round Table, please login to see the entire forum.

If you are a new user wishing to join our forums, you must change your alliance affiliation on CN, PN, or NS to the Knights of the Round Table. After doing so, please register for the forum. You will receive an automated email confirming your application. Once registered and logged into the forums, you will need to create an introductory post in The Gatehouse confirming your wish to apply for membership. That will then be reviewed by an administrator or moderator before you receive full forum access. This is done to prevent spammers.

If you are a foreign diplomat requesting a mask or embassy, please register as described above and start a new thread and application in the Diplomatic Liaison Service section. Usually within 24 hours, your post will be approved and your account masked accordingly. If you also requested an embassy, that should be created within 24-48 hours after your account has been masked.

If you already have a user account and cannot log in, please delete your browser's cookies AND cache. If you're still experiencing issues, please send me an in-game PM.

Something isn't right here...

General forum announcements are posted here. Check here often for updates.

Should we modify the current site layout?

Poll ended at 01 May 2013, 17:28

No - leave things as they are now
63%
Yes - rearrange it as proposed
38%

Total votes: 8

amstel78
Bear Trainer Extraordinaire
Nation Name: DeeTwo

Something isn't right here...

Post by amstel78 »

Greetings all!

As most of you know, this forum was created with one game specifically in mind - Cybernations. I had organized the forum sections into what I thought flowed well given the singular purpose envisioned slightly over a year ago. Those sections were:

1. General Information
a. Announcements
b. Help Center
c. Suggestion Box

2. The Kingdom
a. Welcome Tent
b. The Great Hall
c. Round Table
d. Kingdom College (recent addition)
e. The Library
f. Trading Post
g. Archives

3. Embassy Row
a. Diplomatic Liaison Service
b. General Assembly
c. Rue des Lombards (renamed)

4. Non-KoRT Topics
a. General Chat
b. Current Events and Politics

Fast forward to today and the majority of you (those who are masked) should see a new section call Pixel Nations. Within that section you have three areas; Mead Tent, Archives, and Rue Tiquetonne, respectively.

The PN aspect of the site has introduced some complexities that weren't originally planned for. An example is the dual usage of the Welcome Tent and Diplomatic Liaison Service for both CN and PN players. Here's the rub - the Welcome Tent is in The Kingdom while the DLS is in Embassy Row. Both of those areas were originally just for CN Knights.

While the system we have now works, the flow or "chi" of the forum feels a bit broken; as if different pieces were sort of mashed together. Here's what I propose:

* Create a new section called Welcome Tent and move the actual Welcome Tent forum area along with the DLS into it.

* Move the CN General Assmebly into Rue des Lombards, and then move Rue des Lombards into the Kingdom.

* Create a new Trading Post just for PN; perhaps we could call it the General Store or something like that.

If we do the above, the new forum layout will look like this:

1. General Information
a. Announcements
b. Help Center
c. Suggestion Box

2. Welcome Tent
a. Welcome Tent (original)
b. Diplomatic Liaison Service

3. The Kingdom
a. The Great Hall
b. Round Table
c. Kingdom College
d. The Library
e. Trading Post
f. Archives
g. Rue des Lombards
-General Assembly (now located inside Rue des Lombards)

4. Pixel Nations

a. Mead Tent
b. General Store (proposed)
c. Archives
d. Rue Tiquetonne

5. Non-KoRT Topics
a. General Chat
b. Current Events and Politics

Does the above feel like a better-organized forum or should we leave things as is? Let me know. If we decide to change things around, it'll take a bit of time. I'll let the poll run for 2 weeks since I'm pretty busy at the moment but I do want to get your feedback.

The Overseer
General
General
Nation Name: Mania

Re: Something isn't right here...

Post by The Overseer »

*scratches chin*

I've rewritten this post several times now and I keep changing my mind - so I'll just say that I find it a good idea to create a PN General Store and move the Embassy Row into the Kingdom like in Pixel Nations - that way all our knights will notice new posts there if they visit the Kingdom overview (I at least use it all the time).

Separating the Welcome Tent from the Kingdom would have the opposite effect: Fewer people would notice new arrivals which in turn means fewer people would say hello. I'd personally leave the Welcome tent where it is for now.

Finally, I don't find it so bad that PN-Knights have to visit the Kingdom every once in while - for them it serves well as the place where you introduce yourself or go to check treaties. As the name suggests, the "Kingdom" is the central hub and it should therefore remain centralised. If you move stuff out you might as well rename it "Cyber Nations" to keep everything uniform. And if you do choose to decentralise it then adding a second Library for PN documents would be a must.

That's just my opinion on the matter, I'm fine if it changes how you've suggested.
In war we're tough and able, quite in-de-fa-ti-gable! Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable. It's a busy life in Camelot...

amstel78

Post by amstel78 »

Interesting and valid points Overseer. I didn't think of it from that perspective. Let's see what others have to say before any decisions are made.

amstel78

Post by amstel78 »

OK, based on the poll results, the forum layout will stay as-is for now.